Audio/Visual Lead and IT Support Generalist
The Kapor Center for Social Impact (KCSI) is a family of innovative and groundbreaking organizations that pursue innovative strategies to leverage capital and technology for positive, progressive impact. KCSI encompasses a private foundation, a for-profit investment partnership, and a non-profit 501(c)(3), plus supporting corporate entities. As a result, the work spans multiple platforms and strategies, and is organized into the following core areas:
Kapor Center for Social Impact -- Diversifying Tech Through the development of innovative partnerships, programs, and cross-sector forums, KCSI is working to increase the presence and viability of underrepresented people of color and women of all backgrounds in the tech sector as producers, entrepreneurs, financiers, and thought leaders.
In 2016 KCSI moved into its new space at 2148 Broadway in Oakland, creating a unique community space which includes meeting space for mission-aligned organizations and companies, office space for the center’s staff and partners and a restaurant Agave Uptown. Our new building allows for close collaboration between KCSI’s many different programs and its community partners, all of which are dedicated to the empowerment of low-income and underrepresented communities. http://www.kaporcenter.org
The Kapor Center seeks candidates for a full-time job as IT Support and AV/Events Generalist. The goal of this position is to continue our standard of providing a high level of event production as we work to affect change in the tech, diversity, and social justice ecosystem.
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- support the Kapor Center’s AV and event technical needs;
- act as a technical concierge for community members throughout the event planning and production cycle; and
- support the IT Department on technical projects and provide user support to staff during periods of lighter event scheduling
As a member of the IT team, you will work closely with the cross-entity Events Team to manage the technical aspects of events as well as ensure the ongoing technical performance of all conference rooms.
Many of our events occur after standard work hours and on weekends, so a high degree of comfort with frequent evening and weekend hours is a requirement.
Position: Full Time
Start Date: Summer 2017
Reports To: Information Technology Director
- Work with Events team to ensure room setups are configured according to expectations
- Setup/breakdown AV and tech equipment for events
- Operate AV and technical equipment during events
- Coordinate with outside event vendors as necessary
- Work with event owners to present options and understand needs for events
- Troubleshoot, maintain and update AV hardware, phones, software and peripherals as needed
- Work with IT team to coordinate support and track issues in our ticketing system
- Coordinate presentations with AV staff and event participants at remote locations when required
- Maintain and update user guides and internal support documentation
- 2 Years Experience working with Audio Visual systems
- Ability to work frequent evening and weekend hours on a regular basis
- Safely lift up to 50 pounds
- A passion for tech, diversity and the community of Oakland
- Experience with video conferencing systems
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Crestron hardware
- Experience working with Shure wireless microphones
- Experience with computer peripheral connectivity including HDMI, displayport and USB-C
- Experience with streaming media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Ustream, etc)
- Familiarity with OS X, Windows, iOS and Android hardware
- Familiarity with AirPlay and Chromecast
- Service minded approach to support
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with non-technical users
- Ability to maintain a calm, confident, reassuring demeanor under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
Compensation and Benefits
KCSI provides competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance, 401K, paid time off, holiday benefits and more. The KCSI office is located in the uptown district of Oakland, with excellent access to public transportation.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and resume below.
KCSI is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.